Monday, January 14, 2013

Western Wall Friday Dec 7th

I have been to the Western Wall a dozen times by this point, but this experience was one of my favorites. It was Friday night which meant it was crowded with Jews welcoming in the Sabbath Day. The last time we came here to do this I was too shy to sing, dance, and clap with the younger Jews. This time I wasn't as shy. I jumped right into the circle of Jews singing and clapping while they circled a table in a march/dance. They accepted me right in and I was clapping and singing, it was an easy melody to pick up and they were just saying "Lye Lye Lye Lye". As I was doing this I noticed something hitting me in the chest as we were circling and jumping up and down. I looked down to see an M-16 Machine Gun hitting me in the chest. The Jew in front of me was in the Israeli Defense Forces. I kept singing and clapping as I thought to myself, "Only in Jerusalem!" I found the whole thing very amusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment