Thursday, October 18, 2012

Pools of Bethesda









Last Friday me and a group of students went to the pools of bethesda. (see John 5:1-16). We walked fast out of the center because we didn't have too much time till sunset (when we need to be back in the center). I was saying "assalaamu 9alaykum" to all the Arabs, stoked that they responded!! ha ha kind of my first time learning a new language and using it, I was a bit nervous but now I say it to a lot of people. And yes thats a "9" in the second word. It means "Peace on you" which is a polite way to say hello. The pools of bethesda were awesome, we walked around it for a few minutes then we went into a sweet church, Church of St. Anne, and sang hymns, the acoustics there were awesome. It was awesome being at the site of one of Christ's miracles. Of course I was with one guy, Quinn who I think is hilarious and a way cool guy, and like 8 girls, so naturally we spend forever taking pictures before we leave. The sunset was awesome, especially as it shined through Lions Gate as we walked east toward the center. We then broke off in a group of four to get Amy some candy for here birthday in the little shops on the way up to the center. We went to four shops trying to locate some diet coke, I am beginning to realize that diet coke is not just a staple in the lives of a few women, but a staple to thousands of women everywhere...I don't understand and I never will.


Me, Amy, Emily, and Brooke Reppin Southern California
Pamphlet
Underground pool
Arch, me, Brooke, Alta, Andrea, and Stasha
The Ruins & Jaquel
St. Anne Chruch
Emily, Lions Gate, and the Sunset 

No comments:

Post a Comment