Sunday, December 16, 2012

Dome of the Rock

Today was a free day and my only goal was to go see the Dome of the Rock. I got a good group together. Me, Quinn, Liddy, and Rachel Hughes. We walked straight to the line for the Dome of the Rock. It was like 9:45 am when we got there and the line was super long and it was going to shut down for a few hours soon, so we cruised the city for a bit while we waited. We went through the Jewish quarter and I got to see the golden Manora for the first time, it was purchased and is ready to be put into the third Temple when the time comes, which is really intense to think about. We then cruised around of the rooftops and played with some local Palestinian kids. We then got some pita and hummus. We made our way back to the Dome of the Rock and waited in line for a while. It was starting to rain while we were in line. We finally got up to the temple mount and it started pouring rain. We got some pictures then sought refuge from the rain in the cover of part of the Dome of the Rock. We then exited out of the Northern part of the temple mount. Liddy was wearing these shoes that were really slippery on the wet stone so I gave her my arm for the rest of the time in the city, I caught her like 6 times from falling hard. There was a sweet rainbow that was bending right over the BYU Center which was pretty rad. It was a wet and cold experience at the Dome of the Rock for me today, but it was cool.


Couldn't help myself, Aloha!

Third Temple Manora

I let this little guy box my stomach 

Rachel and our new little friend
Liddy on the rooftops with the Dome of the Rock in the background

Quinn and Rachel in the restaurant were we had Pitas and Hummas

Western Wall from the ramp up to the Temple Mount

Al-Aqsa Mosque 

Dome of the Rock

Beautiful Tile on the Dome of the Rock

Dome, Reflection, Rainbow

Rainbow over the BYU Center

No comments:

Post a Comment